Wednesday, September 06, 2006

AI search algorithms and other headaches

The next AI assignment is due on the 16th of September and I am swamped with two other assignments coming up on the 11th and 8th of September, not to mention the 12th September GUI Project requirement specifications to hand in.

The AI algorithm is fairly straightforward, implementing the BFS, DFS and A* algorithms in Java. I've started on it already and have the map made using a HashMap for the nodes as the keys and an ArrayList as the data structure holding the nodes that can be reached from the node in the key. I have the class methods and specifications made for the BFS and DFS implementations. Just have to iron them out now. The A* is going to be after I do this.

I have a good group set up for my "Graphical User Interfaces" class. Both of my other two teammates are hardworking guys. One hails from Iran but is an American citizen and the other is good old fashioned Pakistani bloke from Islambad. Both are jovial and quirky characters that keep the atmosphere light and productive. Just how I like it. Sometimes when you are under stress and need to meet a deadline, having a group that knows how to laugh helps a lot. Takes the stress out of the whole thing and makes us think clearer on what needs to be done.

I have to catch upto a lot of reading for all my classes. The AI, GUI and Cost Management Economics specifically. Better get started this weekend and put the pedal to the metal.
Filed In: [ | | | | | ]

No comments:

Post a Comment