Tuesday, April 12, 2005

VB.NET and C#.NET

Today I started learning VB.NET in my spare time. Think of it VB in a NET framework. Being a member if the ACM helped a lot in this regard. I was able to find a great book free in their library that really lays out all the neat stuff about VB.NET. VB applications can be ported over to VB.NET but as such VB and VB.NET are different languages with syntactical differences.

C#.NET is the language I have wanted to learn for a long time. There are a lot of tutorials and excellent free matieral out there to jump start the course to learning this language. I managed to download a great free IDE. It is called SharpDevelop and it can be found here at http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/.

SharpDevelop provides an IDE for VB.NET, C++ and C#.NET. It is a great free program if you don't have the money to pay for Visual Studio.NET.

I will be posting code snippits and my progress with VB.NET as well C#.NET, depending on what I am doing in either of these languages.
Filed In: [ | | ]

No comments:

Post a Comment