Thursday, December 08, 2005

And the date to move draws near

Ok so the 30th of December is coming closer everyday. Before long, I will have to move to Los Angeles and to USC that awaits me. Lots of problems got solved this week. I finally ironed out the details of my personal belongings going to California. Will ship em by Fedex around the 29th and they will most likely reach there around the 3rd or 4th of January. Had to take special permission from the USC Housing office, cuz normally, they cannot accept your luggage before your checkin into your apartment has been finalized and stuff. But I was given special permission to send in my belongings before I came and they would be held until I checkin.

Although I was told, I will have to keep the number of boxes to about 5 in total. Reason given was that there are around 800 or so students moving into that apartment complex alone. (Side Note: There are around 50 complexes, dorms and apartment areas maintained by USC Housing). So now it looks like I will have to dispose off some of the stuff I had to make sure I don't exceed the 5 box limit.

I also got me a reservation at a Hotel so I can stay there from the 30th till the 5th of January, which is Movin Day at the University. The support staff and all the people related to housing help new students settle into their new apartments/dorms stuff. The Inn/Hotel is pretty close to the campus itself.
Filed In: [ | | | | | | ]

No comments:

Post a Comment