Thursday, December 22, 2005

Final Things To Do Before Moving

OK the time to move for me is getting closer and closer still. December 30th is catching upto me and before long I will have to board that flight to Los Angeles. As such, there are a number of things that need doing urgently now. I have to close my bank account here because the no name small bank limited to the Mid West, is not in California. I wish the Bank of America had a branch here. It would have made my life so much more easier.

The packing is still kinda slugglish these days. I have to seriously pickup the speed and finish it. The good thing is there are two more boxes left to pack. The sooner I finish it, the less the stress, clamour and hubhub at the last minute. The reduced pressure might even help me enjoy my move, so tomorrow and in the next few days, I intend to finish my packing. Then I go give them to Fedex to be delivered over to my new apartment in California.

I also have to throw away a lot of junk I seem to have accumulated during my three year stay in the apartment. Junk such as about 200 National Geographic magazines. Now National Geographic is a great reference magazine which I wouldn't mind collecting. But they are heavy and lugging them all the way to California is going to cost me an arm and a leg. And last but not least, I have to clean my apartment to hand it over, back to the landlord, which in this case is my University (since I live on campus). There go the mile high stacks of pizza boxes and the Donut box castles.

So much to do and so little time. Wait, who am I kidding. I still have time. I wish I hadn't gotten this lazy. Time to put the pedal to the proverbial metal and get cracking.
Filed In: [ | | | | | ]

No comments:

Post a Comment