Saturday, February 18, 2006

Cold, Wet and Calm

It is cold and wet today in Los Angeles. I think the coldest day of the winter season today in LA. I came from Michigan to California, so it isn't that big of a deal for me. But when I go outside, I see people wearing pullovers and shivering while walking and I am thinking, "Come on, It isn't that cold, is it?". But I guess I am used to sub freezing temperatures that make your face feel like a puckered piece of lifeless mass. I am thankful I am rid of that.

Did I tell you guys how my roommate D, left the window open when he went to sleep last night? I am talking about the living room window here. It was cold outside and he had opened it to cook, guess what.. yes yes.. FISH!!!. He himself wore a jacket while I was sitting wearing a T-shirt. It didn't feel cold then but at 3:45AM my sleep was interrupted and I found myself shivering. He did it today too. Me and my brother went out to dinner, came back and find he has the windows open and is wearing a jacket. Hilarious moment. I would assume a normal person would close the windows and remove the jacket but not D. I closed the windows and surely enough, D's jacket came off after a bit.

Personally, I am beginning to find that not overreacting and always being calm even when your angry wins you the day in the end. Anger doesn't solve anything. It just destroys your ability to comprehend the problem at hand and deal with it efficiently and easily. On top of that, anger is also bad for your health. So next time your going to break someone's skull open or say something sarcastic and mean to them, just take a deep breath and let it go. If you can't, just walk away for the time being. It is better to walk away and come back then have to live with regret.

P.S: D's coldcapade and my anger post are unrelated. I was never angry at D all through the debacle. I was more amused to say the least.
Filed In: [ | | | | | | | | ]

No comments:

Post a Comment